ESI Return Filing
Employee's State Insurance(ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. ESI Registration is mandatory for employers having 10 or more employee. For all employees earning Rs.15,000 or less per month as wages, the employer must contribute 4.75% and employee must contribute 1.75% towards ESI. The ESI fund is managed by the ESI Corporation (ESI) according to rules and regulations stipulated therein the ESI Act 1948, which oversees the provision of medical and cash benefits to the employees and their family through its large network of branch offices, dispensaries and hospitals throughout India. ESI is an autonomous corporation under Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. Enterslice can help you obtain ESI registration for your business.
All employers having 10 ore more employees are required to be registered with Employee State Insurance (ESI) Corporation. Those entities having ESI Registration must then file ESI returns. ESI returns are due half-yearly. IndiaFilings can help file ESI returns for your business. Our ESI experts can also help you computer ESI payments and maintain ESI regulation compliance for your business. Use Remin Due to know more about your due dates for ESI return and ESI payment due date.
ESI Registration in India - Hindi Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOFLjddMuus
ESI Registration Procedure: Documents Required
The following documents are required for registering under the ESI scheme:
1. A registration certificate or a license obtained under Shops and Establishment Act or Factories Act;
2. Certificate of registration (Memorandum and Articles of Association in case of a private limited company, partnership deed for LLPs, etc);
3. Certificate of registration for all entities and commencement of production for factories;
4. A list of employees with their monthly compensation, in detail;
5. A list of directors, partners and shareholders of the company;
6. The PAN card of the business and address proof of the establishment/firm;
7. Bank statements of the organization, with evidence of commencement of operation.
ESI Registration Procedure: Steps Involved
1. Once the documents are ready, the company can apply for registration by submitting the Employer’s Registration Form (Form-1).
2. A PDF format of the form is available on the website. Fill in the form and submit it to ESIC for registration on the official website.
3. Once verified, a registration number, a 17-digit unique identity will be provided to the organization. The ESI filings can be done once you receive the 17-digit number.
4. Employees registered under the scheme get an ESI card after submitting a form with photographs and details of family members.
5. Although the registration is permanent, and the number is valid for the lifetime of the company, any new changes, such as employee additions, need to be intimated to the ESI.
Documents for ESI Returns
The following documents must be maintained regularly for filing ESI returns.
1. Attendance register
2. Register for Form 6
3. Register of wages
4. Register of any accidents on the premises
5. Inspection book
6. Monthly challans and returns submitted for ESI
Our Recommendation: ESIC Return and other Annual Compliance