What is an FSSAI Registration?
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India which is an organization that monitors and governs the food business in India. It ensures the food products undergo quality checks thereby curtailing the food adulteration and sale of sub-standard products.
It is responsible for the registering and licensing of the food business operators (FBO) in India and it lays down the rules and regulation for running the food business in India.
Who Should Obtain FSSAI Registration?
Every food business operator involved in the manufacturing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products must compulsorily obtain FSSAI Registration or License. FSSAI Registration is different from FSSAI License in the sense that depending on the size and nature of the business, FBO should obtain the necessary registration or license.
It is a 14-digit registration or a license number which is printed on all the food packages. This registration procedure is aimed to create more accountability on the FBO to maintain the quality of the food products.
FSSAI Registration/ License Types
Business entities can obtain the food license by applying through the FSSAI Food Licensing and Registration System. The food license can be obtained under various categories listed below:
1. FSSAI State License: Small & medium business entities like food manufacturers, transporters, marketers, retailer sand food processing units must obtain food license from the state government.
2. FSSAI Central License: Large Scale food units and business operators like export-oriented nits, large manufacturers, importers, and food agencies who supply food in railways, airports or seaports, must obtain their food license from the central government.
3. FSSAI Registration : Small food manufacturers and people in the food business can obtain their License from state government by submitting the required documents.
Fee Structure for FSSAI License
Documents required for FSSAI Registration
FSSAI registration is mostly applicable for petty food retailers and the procedure for obtaining FSSAi registration is very simple. The documents required for FSSAI registration are:
For Obtaining An FSSAI State & Central License
1. Duly completed and Signed Form-B (in duplicate) by the proprietor or partner or authorised signatory.
2. Processing unit blueprint/layout plan showing dimensions in metres/square metres and operation-wise area allocation. This is mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only.
3. Full address and contact details of the list of Directors/Partners/Executive Members of Society/Trust.
4. Equipments and Machinery name and list along with number, installed capacity and horsepower used. This mandatory for processing and manufacturing units only.
5. Government Authority issued Identity and Address Proof for Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorised Signatory.
6. List of food category the business intends to manufacture. (in case of manufacturers).
7. Authority letter which includes the name and address, responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspections, collection of samples, packing and dispatch (for manufacturers/processors).
8. A recognised/public health laboratory issued Analysis Report (Chemical and Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food. This is mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units.
9. Proof of premises possession. (Sale Deed/Rent Agreement/Electricity Bill, etc.)
10. Certificate or plan of Food Safety Management.
11. Copy and certificate obtained under Coop-1861 or Multi State Cooperative Act - 2002 in case of cooperatives.
12. Affidavit of Proprietorship or Partnership Deed or Memorandum and Articles of Association towards the constitution of the firm (optional) - (a) FSSAI Self-Declaration for Partnership.
13. Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants.
14. In case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged mineral water and/or carbonated water, the pesticide residues report of water from a recognised public health laboratory must be produced.
15. No Objection Certificate (NOC) or a copy of License from the manufacturer (mandatory for re-labelers and repackagers only) - (a) Declaration and Undertaking System Plan or Certificate.
16. In case of Milk and Milk Products processing, the business must produce the source of milk or procurement plan for milk including the exact location of milk collection centres.
17. Certificate from the Ministry of Tourism.
18. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Municipality or local body.
19. Recall plan wherever applicable.
20. Form IX - Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution.
21. Self Declaration of number of vehicles - for transporters.
22. The declaration form - from Delhi or Himachal Pradesh.
How Enterslice will help you to get FSSAI Registration
An interested seeker may raise their query at email@example.com. Detail information is also provided on our website www.enterslice.com.